What do I do if my neighbors are causing too much noise?

If your neighbors have decided to partake in the Fake Patty's Day celebration and the noise level has reached a disturbing level, you can contact Riley County Police Department at 785-537-2112 or by calling 911 in case of emergency.

It is unlawful for any person to make, continue, cause, allow or permit to be made or continued, any noise disturbance in the city.

A noise disturbance can include but is not limited to: any noises that could potentially endanger or injure people, any annoying or disturbing and persistent noises, amplified music and any noise exceeding 65 decibels in a residential area.

See more information regarding noise disturbances.

Show All Answers

1. What can I do to reduce the risk of a crime occurring?
2. Will there be DUI check points?
3. How do I pay my fine?
4. Is there a safe ride option?
5. How does the Lifeline 911/Immunity for Underage Drinkers work?
6. What do I do if my neighbors are causing too much noise?
7. How do I contact a Taxi Service?
8. Is there a list of phone numbers I should know?
9. How do I report a crime?
10. How can I find out if my friend has been arrested?
11. How long should I wait to pick up my friend from the Riley County Jail?
12. Where should I go once a friend has been arrested?
13. I'm at RCPD to pick up a friend from jail, what do I do now?
14. Who are the area bonding agents?
15. What police activity was there last year?
16. When will 2022 Fake Patty's Day statistics be available?