Is there a safe ride option?

Drinking and driving is not safe and is against the law. Before participating in Fake Patty's Day, it is smart to have a plan in place for a safe ride home. Below are some options that may be available to you.

  • SafeRide from K-State
  • Flint Hills Area Transportation Agency, or ATA Bus, is a regional transportation option that can deliver passengers around the county. Those with a Kansas State University student or faculty and staff ID can get on for free.
  • Fort Riley in previous years has maintained a volunteer Drunk Driving Prevention Program. This program is a way to help soldiers who have consumed alcohol get home safely. Service members should check with their chain of command for information for this service.

This information is subject to change as it is not under the control of RCPD.

Show All Answers

1. What can I do to reduce the risk of a crime occurring?
2. Will there be DUI check points?
3. How do I pay my fine?
4. Is there a safe ride option?
5. How does the Lifeline 911/Immunity for Underage Drinkers work?
6. What do I do if my neighbors are causing too much noise?
7. Is there a list of phone numbers I should know?
8. How do I report a crime?
9. How can I find out if my friend has been arrested?
10. How long should I wait to pick up my friend from the Riley County Jail?
11. Where should I go once a friend has been arrested?
12. I'm at RCPD to pick up a friend from jail, what do I do now?
13. What police activity was there in previous years?
14. When will 2024 Fake Patty's Day statistics be available?