Child safety seats are vital in helping to protect children in vehicle collisions. When used and installed properly, as the manufacturer suggests, the risk of injury or death is greatly reduced.
- Approximately 85% of all child safety seats are installed incorrectly or misused.
- Effective uses of child safety seats reduce the risk of fatal injury by 71%.
- For every injury related death as a result of a traffic accident, there are 45 children hospitalized, and many more treated and released.
- Motor vehicle injuries are the greatest public health problem facing children today. In fact, they are the leading cause of death among them.
For more information on child safety seat laws, visit our news article page.
Free Child Safety Seat Checks at the Riley County Police Department
Please call to make an appointment with our Public Information Officer to ensure there are available Child Safety Seat Technicians to assist you.
Safe Kids of Riley County is excited to offer weekly car seat check lanes open to the community. Parents, Caregivers, and Childcare Providers are invited to take advantage of this opportunity to ensure the safe travel of children in our community. No appointment is necessary. This service is provided by groups like RCPD, RCEMS and Riley County Child Resource Center.
Location: Manhattan Fire Department / 2000 Denison Ave / Manhattan, KS
Date: Every Tuesday
Time: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
(785) 537-2112 email@example.com