The 1st Nationally Accredited Law Enforcement Agency in Kansas
In 1991 the Riley County Police Department became the 1st Nationally Accredited Law Enforcement Agency in Kansas and was the 168th agency nation-wide. The Department has maintained its accredited status during on-site assessments conducted in 1990, 1996, 2001, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, and most recently in 2016. The next on-site assessment is scheduled for late 2020. The following awards have been attained by the Riley County Police Department:
- 2007 Reaccreditation / Meritorious Service
- 2010 Reaccreditation / Meritorious Service & Flagship Agency
- 2013 Reaccreditation / Meritorious Service & Accreditation With Excellence (This is the highest award attainable by CALEA)
- 2016 Advanced Reaccreditation via Gold Standard Assessment / Meritorious Service & Accreditation with Excellence
Accreditation is a voluntary process that is highly valued by Law Enforcement professionals and recognized as an achievement of professional excellence. There are different levels of accreditation attainable. The Department elects to strive for Advanced Law Enforcement Accreditation, which means complying with all 481 national accreditation standards that are applicable to our agency.
To learn more about the process of accreditation and our progress, please feel free to contact the Riley County Police Department's Accreditation Manager or the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA) at www.calea.org.
(785) 537-2112 firstname.lastname@example.org